About Me: Paige M.Forbes and my services
As a professional College Admissions Coach & Writing Tutor with a master's degree from Oxford University, I can resolve your writing woes and application angst. For the last 7 years I've been helping individuals gain admission to competitive colleges or graduate schools, strengthen their writing skills, and improve their grades. Recent clients have been accepted to Harvard, UC- Berkeley, Columbia, UVA, Dartmouth, UNC- Chapel Hill, UCLA, Johns Hopkins, University of Michigan, Harvey Mudd and many other exciting schools. A 2015 article in the Virginian Pilot (major daily newspaper) dubbed me a "College Matchmaker."
Here's what I do in a nutshell:
- Assist with college application essays and graduate school personal statements (my specialty)- from brainstorming to organization to content editing, polishing to proofreading
- Help students figure out where to apply and their best college matches
- Keep clients on track throughout the application process
- Offer expert advice on all aspects of admissions
- Help with all types of writing- academic papers, persuasive essays, narrative pieces, and resumes.
-Prep clients for interviews
More about me:
- Graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in Psychology from Hollins College
- Earned a master's degree from Oxford University in Psychology and Women's Studies
- Partial completion of a doctorate program ( PSY.D) from George Washington University
- Published author with 9 postgraduate writing courses under my belt
- Accepted to graduate programs at Harvard, Columbia, UVA, Boston College, and Cambridge
While I can relate personally to students applying to schools, I don't offer a standard, cookie cutter "Here's what I did, so it ought to work for you too" approach. My college counseling and writing advice is based on years of interviewing College Admissions Reps, visiting numerous colleges, and research amassed from books and articles. I stay on top of the latest trends and aim to provide the inside scoop or information not readily available via Google searches. All services are tailored to the individual's strengths and weaknesses as well as learning style. I work with students to find, develop, and articulate their unique story. My goal is to motivate students to excel while boosting their confidence and encouraging them to think outside the box. I'm patient, down to earth, have a sense of humor, and offer detailed feedback.
I work with teenagers, college and grad students, and adults who've been out of school awhile. Services are available online via Zoom or Skype.
I charge by the hour and will create customized packages for clients seeking more extensive sessions.
Resolve Writing Woes
Stuck in a writing rut?Overwhelmed by the idea of writing an academic paper or resume? I can help resolve your written woes. My services are designed to teach you how to write effectively and provide detailed feedback on your work.
Conquer College Essays
Need help with the common app or supplemental essays? Have no fear, I'm here to ease your application angst. Together we'll craft your compelling story in 650 words or less. .
"Paige is Fantastic"
"Paige is thoughtful, clear, and concise. She provided excellent guidance for my son who was struggling to complete several essays. I highly recommend her for anyone needing help with college essays and the common app."
- David, California
Recent College Acceptances
Located in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk Area and serving clients from across the U.S.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Paige was amazing at helping me get my personal statement exactly where I wanted it to be. Extremely nice and helpful!! I was able to lower my word count, improve the flow of my essay, and edit wherever necessary.
Sushi, New Jersey
Paige was a great tutor! Not only did she help me reword a majority of my Common App essay, but she also helped me trim it down and make it easier to understand. I would definitely recommend her for anyone who needs college essay help
With the deadline quickly approaching, Paige did a fantastic job helping my child review and edit his college app essays. So grateful she could fit us in just before holidays.